Hello, I'm Peter (pvh) van Hardenberg.
I'm a researcher at Ink & Switch.
In the past I have:
- started Heroku's data products & team,
- worked in Arctic oceanography,
- worked on children's games for Gameboy Advance and Nintendo DS,
- dabbled in Shakespearean scholarship (and XSLT),
- competed with iTunes using open source.
I've been a researcher, an engineer, a manager, a product person, an executive, a startup advisor, a board member, and a regular speaker at events.
I grew up on Vancouver Island in the rainforest where I spent a lot of time mucking around with boats. I've lived in San Francisco for a decade and know where to find the good food and the bad bars. You can often find me at a table covered in cardboard if I'm not in the kitchen.
- Cambria: transform your data with lenses
- Local-first software: you own your data, in spite of the cloud
- Postgres: Bits You Haven't Found Yet
Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.—Kurt Vonnegut